The following information is from the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization :
- Why Hire a Certified Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist?
- Why Does the State Bar Certify Legal Specialists?
- What Does it Mean When an Attorney is a “Certified” Specialist?
- What Can a Certified Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law Specialist Do for You?
- What you do NOW affects your future.
The more complicated your situation, the more reason to consider hiring an attorney who specializes in Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law and who is committed through certification to keeping up her or his proficiency through continual practice and continuing education.
- to help the public identify attorneys who have demonstrated proficiency in specialized fields of law.
- to encourage the maintenance and improvement of attorney competence in specialized fields of law.
- a certified specialist knows the overall picture and can discuss different strategies to help you choose the best on for your needs.
A certified specialist is more than just an attorney who specializes in a particular area of law. A California attorney who is certified by the State Bar as a Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law specialist must have:
- taken and passed a written examination in Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law
- demonstrated a high level of experience in Personal and Small Business Bankruptcy Law
- fulfilled ongoing education requirements
- been favorably evaluated by other attorneys and judges familiar with her or his work.
- Analyze your situation and explain your rights and legal options.
- Take steps to stop lawsuits, garnishments, tax levies, foreclosures, and other collection actions which may have been brought against you.
- Vigorously represent you through all stages of the bankruptcy process, including defending you against creditors.
- Assist you in reorganizing your debt.
- Provide legal advise regarding ways to rebuild you credit after bankruptcy.
- Help you get a fresh start.
- bankruptcy is far more than just filling out forms!