- Your credit is not hurt by the bankruptcy itself; what hurts your credit is that the debts are not paid. The way to rebuild your credit is to buy an inexpensive item on time and pay for it; then buy something else and pay for it, etc.
- An automobile is one of the easiest items to buy after the bankruptcy is over. Check out the automotive section of the newspaper.
- You can maintain your bank accounts and all of your utilities.
- You can make arrangements to pay any creditor, if you want or feel obligated.
- Bankruptcy will stay on your credit report for up to 10 years, but if you have a decent income, you will find credit. With over a million people a year filing bankruptcy, creditors would run out of customers if they refused to extend credit to everyone who has filed bankruptcy.
Bankruptcy Attorney Diane Anderson answered a question – Will My Credit Score Be Ruined?
Having a knowledgeable and experienced bankruptcy attorney by your side will facilitate you to relieve your worry about your credit score and would allow you to give your best testimony. We direct our clients through the bankruptcy process in an attempt to ease some of the difficulties that come across during proceedings. When considering bankruptcy, you may have queries about what type is right for you. It’s important to seek the help of an experienced California bankruptcy attorney Diane Anderson.
In order to prepare for your meeting of creditors, simply review your bankruptcy paperwork and make sure you answered everything truthfully and completely. If you see any discrepancies, contact our bankruptcy attorney at Law Office of Diane Anderson right away.